Blogger Muslimah Indonesia

Blogger Muslimah Indonesia

KEB

KEB

Visit My Other Blog in Bahasa Indonesia

Muslimah Bloggers

Tags

About Me

About Me
Diah is here! Mom of three boys.

My Sons And Their First Day Of Ramadan

Post a Comment
This is the start of 5th of Ramadan 1438 H this year. And my two sons have been fasting from the beginning of Ramadan. So far so good for those 7 & 8 years old boys, but that doesn't mean there were no dramas.

My husband and I have sounded the coming of Ramadan from one or two months before. We talked about the fasting month with our sons, told them what they should do during the month and so on. This is not their first time fasting, they experienced fasting last year but not seriously enough and we didn't encourage them too much to fast as we thought that they were too young to start fasting. But this year is different. They are already studying in elementary school now, so we think that it is the right time to start.

First Day of Ramadan

It went smoothly. Alhamdulillah, although my first son broke his fasting by drinking two glass of water one hour after Zuhur salah. He continued his fasting after that. Alright, that's okay for me.

My second son fast for a whole day. Alhamdulillah. I gave him a praise. Good job, Son.

But, the drama began right before the time to break the fast. We were on the road after visiting my brother-in-law who just returned home from hospital. We were not really ready to come home for iftar. My first son started to complain and my second son showed his tired face. They said that they didn't like fasting.

"I'm hungry and thirsty! When is iftar time!?"

"How long should we wait until iftar!?"

"I don't want to fast anymore!"

and many more complains.

My husband and I really understood what they felt and we didn't argue them. I just said, "Be patient, please. It's just a few minutes ahead." And we stopped at a warung for iftar. Our menu were nasi goreng and mie goreng (fried rice and fried noodle). Indonesian style ofcourse.

The drama ended as my sons filled their stomach with food. Surely.

The next drama was the tarawih salah. I didn't think I could bring them to pray at masjid, because my sons usually have their bed time right after Isha salah. So, I offer them to do the salah with me at home plus a two rakaah of taraweeh and a three rakaah of witir salah. As what I anticipated, they started to grumble. But, they did follow my instruction at the end.

Okay, first day of fasting went well. Not perfect, but well enough to me. Good job, Sons.

Alright. For the story of second, third and fourth of Ramadan, I will publish it in my next post. What it would be? Would there be a similar drama? You can read the next story here: My Sons Ramadan Fasting After Day One

Diah Dwi Arti
Diah Dwi Arti
Muslimah | Madiun, Indonesia | Mom of three | email: diah.d.arti [at] gmail.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment