Blogger Muslimah Indonesia

Blogger Muslimah Indonesia

KEB

KEB

Visit My Other Blog in Bahasa Indonesia

Muslimah Bloggers

Tags

About Me

About Me
Diah is here! Mom of three boys.

Talking About Energy Generator

Post a Comment
2nd-grader

“If only we could build a noise energy generator, it would be very wonderful,” I said to my 7 years old son.

“What kind of energy generator, Mom?” he asked me.

“A noise energy generator. You know, sound is a kind of energy.”

“Do you remember everytime we hear something loud we feel uncomfortable?” I continued.

It’s like I was talking to a college student or someone, but I did talk to my 2nd grader son. He, our little astrophysiscs professor, listened to my explanation very carefully.

Long before this conversation I have already taught my sons that energy can’t be demolished.

It changes form only. From light to heat, from movement to sound, etc. In short, my sons have already learnt physics.

I understand my sons capability so I pursue them to study science and I provide discussions at any time about anything they’d like to know.

I found myself had a really hard time in understanding physics and chemistry while I was in school. I felt that those subjects were far from being earthed.

I mean, those subjects were taught as they were only for completing the paper based test. Not applicable.

For example, I have just understood the meaning of 'salt withdraws the water'. When you put some salt on the floor of your house, you will see the floor becomes wet after some time.

That’s because water is drawn by salt. That's also what happens when you put some salt onto meat or chicken. Water is withdrawn and the meat or chicken becomes dry. Not good.

Now that I have sons and they often ask me things I never thought before, I realize that teaching science from early will be a good thing to do.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t give them numbered problems to solve, I just let them to understand how nature works.

People often asked me, “Did you really teach your kids about it?”

I said, “Yes, I did. But I simplify the words.”

Related article: Kids Activity, Word Scramble

Back to that noise energy generator. My son was thinking and asked me how to make energy through noise.

“Electricity comes from spinning turbin. How can noise turn the turbin?”

“Well, I’m imagining a line of towers along a busy road. The towers catch the noise comes from cars, buses and other vehicles and turn it into energy.”

My son couldn’t agree more, but he added something to my idea,

“What if the towers had microphones?”

“That’s a great idea!” I said.

“Then connect them to the loud speaker, right?”

“Yes.”

“And then the noise can turn the turbin,” I said happily as if I had found a remarkable finding.😅😅😅

The conversation went on and on. We talked about many ideas in generating energy.

What a conversation. I don’t know whether this idea will come true or not, but all I want to do was just to tease that little professor’s imagination.

Who knows in the near future he will perfect the idea and make it into reality.

Well, parents, do you like to have conversations with your children? What topic do you both love the most?
Diah Dwi Arti
Diah Dwi Arti
Muslimah | Madiun, Indonesia | Mom of three | email: diah.d.arti [at] gmail.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment